The whole idea of the script is that it's Sally Bowles romantic idea about life through Cliff's eyes. When I think about the heat of some scenes I imagine it to be extremely hot, therefore my script is set in the summertime of 1935. I chose this particular year because it is the time period when the idea of a second world war was on the cards so as it edged closer to 1939 you can see the state of Germany changing. Inside the Kit-Klub it is seedy and dark so if you spent long enough inside you would lose track of time. But for my particular scene with Emcee and the Gorilla I think it would have been at night, around 10pm. Purely because the message Emcee is trying to deliver is one that he would want people to hear so he would choose a busy time to deliver it. The time of year reminded me a lot of a scene in the Great Gatsby where the main characters go to a hotel in the city. The scene is tense from the heat of emotion but because of the literal humidity in the air. It is a perfect representation of what I imagine summertime Berlin to be like. Especially as Daisy and Sally as characters can be likened to each other. As well as Nick being like Emcee as he narrates the entire story.

No comments:
Post a Comment