Our first year was very much about looking at make-up
techniques and going back to basics. Whereas this project gave us the
opportunity to explore different avenues of art. For this particular experiment
the aim was to be as free and colourful as possible. Having studied several art
courses before I started University I found this and other experiments really
natural because before I began practising make-up, art was all I knew.
- Start by cleaning the model’s face with cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
- Using the Aqua Palette and either your angled brush or for big gestures use a foundation brush to create lines and shapes across the face.
- Try different tools such as an eyebrow brush to create textured areas, you could also add a lot of colour to the brush and flick it onto the skin to create a spray effect.
- By adding more layers of colour to the face you can distort the look of your model.
- Using white will make the face stand out and if you want particular lines to be prominent then use a white to highlight them.
- This particular idea has no limits, we are so used to creating the perfect look and being neat but this idea of being messy and unpredictable opens up a whole new idea because you can get to the stage of using both techniques.
This was so much fun! It has been quite a while since I have done painting so to be able to incorporate it into my make-up was really exciting. This allowed us to totally let go and be free with our application. I loved what the white did to the whole image... I do love a good highlight, it really made the face stand out. I didn't try flicking or spattering the colour which I would love to try again. But there was no boundaries to this task which was a first.
No comments:
Post a Comment