Literally speaking Emcee has just come off stage a scene or two before so he is full of adrenalin from being on stage. However, his stage presence is very natural because he does the show so often he is so comfortable. Having studied acting for quite a few years I learnt that you don't need to be nervous or embarrassed about being on stage because you aren't yourself, you are another character. So that is why it comes so naturally to Emcee because he isn't himself... We think. The great thing about Emcee is that he doesn't let the audience know anything about himself. He wears this constant mask so that the audience trust him but never know anything about his past. In the grand scheme of his life he has just come from the circus. I thought a man that has left the circus and gone straight to the streets of Berlin to be the master of ceremonies in Cabaret would be such an interesting character. It is most definitely a change of scenery but not really a change in lifestyle.
I have worked in retail ever since I got a job four years ago so I have constantly been in the presence of the public. Which I didn't think would change who I am but it has. I am more cynical and I prefer to be alone in my spare time. It is because I have spent most of my time attending to peoples needs and constantly talking to people. So it makes you more closed off as a person. This is what I think has happened to Emcee. He has spent most of his life in the public eye entertaining people. So when given the choice he doesn't spill his opinions and life experiences with the audience. This makes you feel sorry for Emcee because he is purely a microphone for the people of Germany because he expresses their views and highlights the controversy in Berlin at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment