FINAL FANTASY!
This was a really eye opening lesson for me because I had the opportunity to take my hair design and come up with alternatives. I have always found this really difficult because I get stuck on an idea that I get attached to and don't want to let go of. We were all given a word, mine was FANTASY and we had to create a variation of our design incorporating our new word. At first I thought about creating a planet like headpiece that would fit onto the head and make it look like it was floating. But this idea seemed too sci-fi. So I began to think about mythical creatures and Medusa came to mind. I thought it linked at first because I was doing Sally Bowles as my contemporary character and both her and Medusa how a certain power over men. Also because I was incorporating plaits I thought I could make them look like snakes. But once I had begun practising on my dolls head I suddenly realised that Medusa is GREEN... Just like Sally's nails. The whole idea came as the perfect package for me and I immediately forgot about my original idea and wanted to create the new one. I did worry about Medusa being to extravagant but I will use her as influence. Also the costumes from Party Monster were more extreme than I have even seen so Medusa will definitely apply.
I spent most of the lesson actually brushing and then plaiting the front section of the hair. I was rolling with the Medusa idea and couldn't think of a way of making the plaits look like snakes. But I was given feedback about opening up hair pins, weaving them through the hair which will then give me the ability to bend the hair into whatever shape I choose. I have really moved along a step from my original idea, I just can't wait to come up with a new face chart to match...


No comments:
Post a Comment