This circus man looks to be either a trapeze artist or perhaps a strongman because of his bulky physique. To me this is vintage circus, looking at this image I am transported back to a life of blood, sweat and tears. But also alcohol, sex and glamour- a lot like Cabaret. This image was a main inspiration for me because it encapsulates my idea of Emcee before he joined Cabaret. I will admit that this image is very masculine but I love the facial hair in this image. I really want to give this styling a go because I think it will really help understand my idea of who Emcee is as a character. And how he looks in the flesh.
Thursday, 4 December 2014
1930's circus
Before the time of radio and television the circus was the biggest form of entertainment. Circus' would travel around the world usually by train, recruiting men and women as they went from place to place. The lifestyle of the circus can be likened to the Cabaret scene in Berlin. It was as an exciting lifestyle filled with people from different walks of life. This is why I thought it would be a perfect lifestyle for a character like Emcee. If Emcee were to be any member of the circus he would have been the ringleader because their job is to entertain the audience and introduce the acts and you never really know the real person behind the facade. I watched the film Water for Elephants because you see into the life of a circus behind the make-up and stage presence. You learn quite how brutal the lifestyle is and how their is a great love for animals. I thought this could also relate to Emcee because he chooses to sing about a Gorilla so he already has a good relationship with animals from being in a circus. I wanted Emcee to seem as realistic as possible by giving him a genuine background.. circus life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment