This next part was the tricky part. It's very easy to say to YEAH I can create a contemporary look because we live in the here and now so everything is contemporary. But to try and create a look that is a contemporary version of a historical period is another story. This really helped me understand how to begin the process. We took the images from our historical photo shoots and used collage materials to transform the image from historical to contemporary but still keeping the idea behind it.
There were certain things that you just would not have seen in Berlin in the 1930's such as glitter. So I wanted to take advantage of that for my contemporary look because I love using glitter as it instantly changes a whole design. The material that I have covered the hair with was a sort of hair net idea, where I could create a style with the hair and then cover it in a net. I thought this might look unusual, something different to try.
This image is a complete contrast to the latter as its a lot more colourful whereas the other one is more glamorous. I plaited three different coloured netting and applied them to the hair to imitate french plaits or corn rows. One thing that I have found more and more with contemporary images is that it doesn't have to be symmetrical. So I decided to use on feather covering the eyebrow because they would have had feathered accessories in that era but never stuck to the face.
No comments:
Post a Comment