Thursday, 4 December 2014

Images that partner created

I created a look based on my research of the character in the script and the film. I decided to create my own background story by his characteristics having been in the circus before he came to Cabaret. I tried out several designs knowing that I wanted to include facial hair but not knowing the best way to incorporate it into my design, trying to avoid it looking fake and tacky. I know that Emcee wears make-up as part of his character but I wanted to try a different approach. So I looked a clown make-up, theatrical and gothic in order to vary my options so I could choose one that I liked.

I found it very difficult to let someone else create my design. I think is because having a vision of your design and trying to make another make-up artist see what you are seeing is hard. I think the make-up artist that created my look did really well to imitate my design the way I wanted. However, watching the whole process meant that I could see what she did the same as me and what she didn’t.


These were her images…







No comments:

Post a Comment