Having researched Anita Berber and how she was perceived as this saucy seductress that threw caution to the wind I wanted to convey that in my face chart. I knew that I didn't want to create something that was too complicated because I would need to re-create it the following week. At the same time I knew women wore make-up but not as much as I had originally thought. For most characters in Cabaret I imagine them to have dark eye and lip make-up because it was such an evening look.
I tried to keep it simple by not layering on lots of eye make-up because it wouldn't have been true to the era. But I did apply a lot of foundation in a paler shade than normal because I wanted to highlight the contrast between light and dark. The eyes have different shades of grey that gradually blend into each other because I thought the monochrome eye would really make the lips pop. I applied a little amount of blusher because I didn't want the image to look too over the top so a little blusher just brings out the cheekbones. But also it highlights the flirtatiousness of the character.
I had a lot of fun with the hair. I used the classic 1930's curls style because I knew that it would be most fitting. I decided that I would tie in a black piece of lace as a headscarf because I rarely use hair accessories and this really brought the character to life. Having researched women in the 1930's quite a lot of them wore a head piece or scarf because it was very much the fashion.
No comments:
Post a Comment