Thursday, 4 December 2014

Sally Bowles experiments

So these are my experiments based on my original face charts. I found the plait easy to do but when it came to the rest of the hair I found that the techniques of weaving hair around a pin and then applying heat was a process that took a long time and was suitable for the model I was using because her hair was too long and too thick. So I decided that crimping was the best was to achieve an afro look. I underestimated the weight of my models hair because as I was back combing the hair it wasn't getting the volume and height that I wanted so I realised that I needed to back comb a lot more.






This is the make-up look that I tried out. This is the first time I have used to blocking out eyebrows technique and it was incredibly hard to do and then cover with foundation. I tried to draw on the eyebrows with an eyeliner but I found that there was too many grease products and they smudged and ended up looking really messy. I was overall really unhappy with the blandness of the look so I knew that I needed to try something different.



No comments:

Post a Comment