Thursday, 4 December 2014

Revised Face and Hair charts

My final idea has finally arrived. I have talked so much in this unit about Emcee and Sally having a mask to cover up their true self so I decided that I would feature this idea into my final design. I didn't want to make the entire face green because I wanted Sally Bowles to be visible. I decided to stick to a Sleek palette called Garden of Eden which was full of beautiful shades of matte and shimmery greens because after all Sally was glamorous. After the problem I had last time with the amount of grease products I had on the face I thought I would draw on the eye brows with an eyeshadow to get a smoother line. I had so many ideas on how to convey sickly sweet lips but in the end I chose glitter and sugar because it will give a lovely 3D effect but also it will really enhance her lips.



This is a detailed drawing of how I imagined my hair design to be but I don't know how I will get the hair to stand up right from the root because it will be attached to the head already from the plait. 



I then decided that the plaits at the front of the head weren't showing enough of the historical hairstyle. So I thought instead of having the plaits going from front to back I would have them going from a side parting. This way I could have my contemporary hair style but with a historical parting and shape. Because I wanted the plaits to be visible I want to be able to pin the plaits into the afro so that they curl around like snakes.
I think giving an extra twist to my design really gave it direction and although its not exactly like Sally it is an updated version of her. Her characteristics can be seen through the colours I have chosen and the extravagance of the hair.  



No comments:

Post a Comment