Due to it being almost the end of term of course every single studio in the university was being used which meant I had to do my shoot from home! I was actually quite excited about this shoot because I could really showcase all that I have been working towards. I decided that I didn't want to complicate my image with UV paint, plus the resources I needed were too expensive and they wouldn't arrive in time. After I came up with my Medusa idea I thought it fit better that the paint expolosion. The shoot took me about 3 and half hours in total because my model had so much hair which meant the back combing process took a lot longer than I had anticipated. I was really pleased with how the make-up looked on the model because I was a little unsure after I did my face chart that it looked too much like a teenage mutant ninja turtle. But the dark green was a really good colour to cover the eyebrows with. The eyebrows that I drew on were a little tricky to get symmetrical but using an eyeshadow really helped to keep the lines controlled. I thought the sugar worked so much better than the hundreds and thousands did because under the light you could really see the sugar on the lips. It also gave her this cold sharp look because the sugar looked so crystalised. In terms of the hair I was really pleased with the outcome but I had to pin some of it into place in order to make it looker higher than it was. I didn't anticipate my models fringe so I was left with a small plait at the front that didn't fit into the rest of the hair so I had to clip it into the hair which wasn't I wanted to do but I had to improvise. The images that I took were either with a bright white light or a variation with a warm lighter just so I could see the comparison with the two. I am really pleased with the outcome of my images and I think I really encapsulated Sally Bowles but in a modern day setting. I realised that I had given myself quite a complicated idea but I think it worked well all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment