After my first experiment I felt I needed to really push the character of Emcee so that you could really see who he was through just make-up and hair. And this is what I created based on my research.
Start by cleaning the face with cleanser, toner and then moisturiser.
Mix together Kryolan foundation 6 & 7 with a large amount of Illamasqua rich liquid foundation. Apply to face generously.
Blend out with a blending brush.
Use the angled brush to apply a mixture of concealer colours (D15/D16). Get your model to scrunch the face to make it easier to apply the colour.
It should be applied to all of the crease lines. Use a softer brush to blend them out.
Use the same shades and technique to colour under the eye.
Feel for the cheekbone and apply the colour to the lower part of the bone. The contour should run from the start of the ear to the bottom of the cheekbone. Blend out.
Using the highlighter brush dab Illamasqua Libido cream blusher directly on the cheekbone and blend.
With the brown and black pencil draw an artificial eyebrow with a higher arch than the normal one. Brush it through the eyebrow with an eyebrown comb.
Using the eyeshadow brush and the black supracolour palette apply it over the eyelid and up to the eyebrow and a small smudged line underneath the eye.
Apply mascara to the lashes.
Then cover the lid in black eyeshadow.
Apply the powder, dabbing it all over the face. Making sure the neck and chest are included.
For the moustache cut 6 6cm pieces of the hair. Apply 3 on each side of the cupids bow on the upper lip.
Use duo glue, then cut shorter 1cm pieces of hair over the top.
Twiat the ends of the moustache and then curl upwards with gel. If it doesn't curl then wrap the hair around a brush and apply heat from a hair dryer.
Use the same colour that you used for the blush on the lips. Follow the lipline and apply generously.
This is my first attempt at the design itself. I was really pleased with how it came out. I think I have really grasped all of my influences and put them together in this image. The only thing that I found hard was of course the moustache. I decided to buy loose strands of hair rather than a fake moustache because I wanted it to look real. But this then meant that I needed to think about what way the hair grows on your face and make sure it didn't look stuck on. But unfortunately this does and the ends didn't curl up the way I wanted, despite adding lots of gel and applying lots of heat. To work around it I think I will make the moustache strands shorter so they are easier to control.



No comments:
Post a Comment