So today we got the chance to try different wigs with our partners. The importance of this task was to see how the colour and styles of the different wigs changed how the model looked.
To wear a wig you must first prepare the hair:
- Brush your model's hair until it is smooth.
- Use a pin tail comb to separate the hair down the centre of the head.
- French plait both sides of the hair making sure it is tight and neat all the way down.
- Once you reach the end of the hair on one side use a kirby grip to temporarily hold the plait into place.
- When both sides are plaited clip each plait to the other side of the head, if your model has long hair you can wrap the hair around the head, making sure it is pinned tightly into place.
- Ask your model to use both hands to create bunny ears at the front of her head.
- Then hook your wig cap over the fingers and pull onto the head.
- Now your hair is prepped you can choose a wig.
- Then make sure your chosen wig is the right way around.
- Repeat the bunny ears and hook the wig over the fingers and pull tightly to the head making sure it is pulled to the bottom of the head and that the wig cap isn't showing.
- Then you can brush the hair and adjust it whilst on the model.
This is a long blonde wig that I put on my model. She is a natural blonde so the colour was something that definitely suited her face. However, the length of the hair made her face look rounder. My model's hair is also normally short and a lot less light so this hair makes her look a lot pinker.
This was a black wig that I tried on my model and I immediately didn't like the colour of the hair on her head as I didn't think it suited her. I also think the style doesn't frame her face very well. But it makes her skin tone look more even.
This deep red wig was something completely different. The fringe isn't something I would give my model as it makes the face look smaller. The colour compliments her facial tone.
This one was just a little bit of fun. Although I know her favourite colour is pink, so this definitely suits her. But I don't think the afro style is the one for her, despite the length being more fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment